Our client, is a heavy hitter in the metal recycling industry, and are looking for a Materials Handler on a full-time basis located in Otahuhu. This role will have you working in a client facing capacity, as well as independently.
Your main focus will be sorting plastic scrap and metal scrap from a continuously moving conveyor belt. You will be working Monday - Friday from 7:30am - 5pm, with overtime available on Saturdays.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Sorting/picking plastics and metal components into bins
- Sweeping excess material to ensure you have a clean working environment
- Working autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Face to face interaction with clients and providing customer service
What's in it for you?
- Competitive wages paid weekly
- Full-time on-going work, from 7:30am - 5pm
- Overtime available
- A dedicated Health and Safety team to ensure your safety is our number one priority
- PPE gear provided and replenished when required
Skills & experience required:
- Physically fit and able to lift up to, but not exceeding 20kgs
- Proven commitment towards individual and your teams health and safety
- Reliable transport to and from work, with a relevant drivers license
- Previous experience in a labour-based role (manufacturing, assembly, demolition etc.) is preferred
- OSH forklift certificate and/or F endorsement preferred, but not essential
If this sounds like the next step you are looking for in your career, please apply now! Alternatively, you can email your resume to Bryar.Metcalfe@awf.co.nz with the subject "Materials Handler" to apply or phone 021 298 9281.
Free phone: 0800 888 860 (Option 1 for Auckland, Option 1 for Technical and Engineering)
AWF. Keeping New Zealand Working.