An excellent position has become available with our client here in sunny Blenheim, a market leader in the wine industry. Our client is seeking a casual Maintenance Fitter to assist with an increase in their business.
As a Maintenance Fitter your main duties involve regular maintenance and servicing of machinery, routine checks, repairing breakdowns as they occur as well as general workshop duties. You will receive on-going training and support from an experienced and stable team who pride themselves on delivering high standards of work quality and are extremely dedicated and focused on the service they provide.
You would ideally be able to demonstrate some leadership skills, good communication, and the ability to work unsupervised is essential.
What you will bring:
- Proven maintenance fitter experience in an automated manufacturing environment
- Qualified Mechanical Technician - Mechanical Trade Certificate or equivalent
- Proactive problem-solving approach to work with awareness of cost control
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Flexible to support day & night shifts
- Full NZ driver licence class 1
You will need to be able to demonstrate the following key requirements to be considered:
- Be a real team player with excellent communication skills
- Able to work on a rotating shift structure and be available for call-outs including some weekends
- A proactive attitude to make sure that production departments experience minimal down time due to engineering/maintenance requirements
- Strong organisational skills which complement the need to manage a variety of priorities and demands
- Appropriate qualifications and/or engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
If this is an opportunity you have been looking for then please apply now with;
- A cover letter,
- An up to date C.V with relevant work experience and skills,
- This must include two work references,
- Supply current certificates to support your application.
As part of our process you will need to have;
- Clean criminal history and to keep safe on the job,
- You will also need to pass a pre employment drug screen