The Omarunui Landfill in Fernhill is a very complex facility that ensure the natural by products that come with burying rubbish do not pollute our waterways, land or air. Commercial company's deliver rubbish to the landfill and from there it is either upcycled, recycled or goes into the pit.
We are looking for a machine operator to undergo a variety of different jobs at the landfill, these jobs include machine operating, management of the irrigating pots, general maintenance and picking up rubbish., You will be on a 5 way rotating roster, undergoing 1 job for an entire week. You will operate a water cart, 12T loader, 40T compactor and class 2. The successful applicant must be happy working in this environment and happy to pick up rubbish around the yard and in fence lines.
Monday to Friday 7.30am to 5.00pm
- Have a license and experience in operating class 2, Wheels, Tracks and Rollers.
- Be able to use initiative and be proactive
- Be available for full time ongoing work
- Be able to pass a drug screen
- Have a clean criminal conviction record
What's in it for you
- Opportunity for ongoing work
- The ability to upskill and gain experience on the job
- Work in a team environment
- Competitive hourly rate
- PPE gear provided
If this sounds like you, click apply now and attach your CV, alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 068700310 for more information.
AWF- Keep NZ Working