We are on the hunt for an expereienced machine operator to work in a manufactoring factory who specialise in plastics & silicon, based in Woolston. This is full time and once trained up will be night shift. Temp to perm opportunity with a well established company.
What you'll require:
- Reliable transport
- Health & safety conscious
- Previous experience as machine operator or mould cleaner is an advantage
- MUST be able to pass a drug & alcohol screen
- Clean criminal history
- 2x contactable references
- Highly organised
- Mechianically minded
- Will use various measuring devices including but not limited to Calipers, Scales, micrometer and various gauges
- will repair tools, jigs, fixtures, dies, molds and gauges involving a high degree of specialized skills and knowledge of tool building practices
- Will Assemble and disassemble all types of dies
- The primary focus of the role is to operate high speed extrusion machinery which converts resin pellets into high quality plastic film, ready for immediate delivery, export or for printing then converting into the final product for our customers.
- You will be involved in working in a safe environment to produce a high quality product. You will be part of a high performing team and assist with thThe primary focus of the role is to operate high speed extrusion machinery which converts resin pellets into high quality plastic film, ready for immediate delivery, export or for printing then converting into the final product for our customers.e continuous improvement of our operations. This eventually includes being able to set, maintain and operate complex production machinery in a fun but busy and fast paced environment.
- Perform department Preventative Maintenance assignments.
- Perform all extrusion line set ups, changeovers, start-ups, and continuous operation.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of extrusion machinery and plastics processes.
- Overseeing machinery on an extrusion line
- Responsibility for change overs of machinery for new product runs
- Basic English communication skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) to be able to communicate and discuss with English speaking internal and external customers
- Basic understanding of computer based machine controls
- Basic manufacturing/quality knowledge
- Ability to use simple measuring devices
- Ability to follow quality plans and work instructions
- Ability to use common tools of machine operations
- Manual dexterity and mechanically inclined
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
Get in touch with us now by calling the office on 0800 522 687 or apply online with an updated CV!
Keeping NZ working.
Please note: Overseas applicants will not be considered for these roles