Work in a role that provides a real challenge and a real opportunity!
What are we looking for? Due to ongoing growth, and a strategic change, a role has become available in our team for an energetic, and hardworking Sealing Foreperson to come join our crew based in Invercargill, where you'll be working across the South Island.
What you'll be doing day to day? In this role you'll lead your team, organise, plan, and direct the chip sealing operations to ensure that work is completed to the required contract standards and industry specifications. The majority of work will be on State Highways as part of our NZTA Network Outcomes Contracts, but will also incorporate local regional body contracts. You'll overview the seal requirements, complete first coats and reseals whilst maintaining a strong focus on health and safety. You'll have overall responsibility for the crew meeting daily and monthly safety, quality, and productivity targets.
You'll work alongside the Contract Engineer's, Operations Managers, and other key stakeholders.
What's on the table? This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career with Downer who have the strongest footprint in Infrastructure around New Zealand. Here's a chance to build a great team, and showcase your abilities across New Zealand! We also offer:
- Temp to Perm for the right candidate.
- A highly competitive salary, along with the tools of trade.
- Supportive culture with extensive training, development and progression opportunities.
About you: We are looking for someone who is looking for a long term opportunity, seeking a challenge or a change, and wants to be part of a team with high aspirations, who will be supported to achieve them. You'll also have:
- Proven chip seal experience, with knowledge of current procedures and best practice
- Leadership experience - preferably as Foreperson or second in charge
- Flexible and adaptable whilst maintaining a positive attitude, and disciplined approach to your work and colleagues
- Clear communication skills both written and verbally so you're able to communicate clearly with the team and public
- Have the right to work in New Zealand.
AWF is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test.
Due to the fast-paced nature of AWF our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
So if you'll like to talk to us about this exciting opportunity, call in and see us at 19 Yarrow Street Invercargill , or call us on 03 2140388 or 0800 88 88 60