About the Role
AWF are seeking a fit and energetic groundsperson with a Class 1 or 2 licence to assist a busy horticultural team. No day is ever the same for this small team, providing their services all the way from Levin to Paekakareki.
Day to day the role can include anything from driving class 2 vehicles, mulching, hedge trimming, stump grinding, assisting with tree felling, operating a chipper, raking, and other general groundwork.
Each day you will gather at home base in Waikanae for a 7:45am safety briefing and be back for knock off around 4:30/5pm.
- Have a Full Class 1 or Class 2 licence
- You're physically fit and motivated to work outdoors even in unpredictable weather
- You're reliable, you aren't a person who likes to be late
- You can follow instructions but can also use your initiative
- Chainsaw experience is advantageous but definitely not a requirement
What we offer you
- A competitive starting rate of $22 - $25, depending on experience
- Monday to Friday work with guaranteed weekly hours
- The opportunity to progress and upskill and even begin an apprenticeship if you enjoy it
- A small, close-knit team with a focus on
- Full PPE gear provided
- Annual leave, 10 sick days a year and 11 Stat days as well as KiwiSaver and ACC
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, we would love to speak to you. Apply now and we will get back to you as soon as we can or call Georgia on 04 473 9915.
Alternatively, if you're in Wellington, feel free to pop in to 182 Thorndon Quay to meet us face to face and find out more.