Our local client has a busy racing kennel and is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working kennel hand either on a part-time or full-time basis.
The role involves keeping kennels clean and sanitised as well as exercising, feeding, grooming and caring for the dogs, and assisting in the day-to-day activities of the kennel. You will be responsible for working to health and safety standards and animal welfare standards.
The ideal candidate is someone with a strong work ethic who loves working outdoors and will be great dealing with animals in a sports environment.
To be successful you will:
- Have great communication skills
- Be a fast learner but have the patience to do things properly
- Be happy working as part of a team but also have the drive and self-motivation to work well on your own
- Have reliable transport to get to work (the job is located 15 minutes from central Palmerston )
- Be happy to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Be physically fit in order to help exercise the dogs
- Have experience handling dogs
The dogs require care 7 days a week so some weekend work may be required on arrangement. Full driver's licence is preferred but not essential.
This is permanent role within a supportive, friendly team offering plenty of opportunities for growth.
If this sounds like the job for you, APPLY NOW with an up-to-date CV and two contactable work references.
AWF. Keeping NZ Working.