This role would suit an experienced spray painter, looking for a new challenge with a fantastic company or alternatively an automotive painter looking for a change.
Your duties will include:
- Sanding and cleaning surfaces to be painted
- Deciding which products to use for a particular surface
- Preparing metals by treating them with chemicals or sand-blasting them
- Applying an undercoat
- Choosing and mixing paint
- Spray painting or powder-coating objects
- Bake powder-coating onto metal in ovens
- Polishing the finished product
- Discussing treatment and painting requirements with customers
- Maintaining H&S company policy and standards
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have proven industrial spray painting experience
- Have spray-gun painting skills
- Have a clear understanding of approved Health & Safety work practices
- Have knowledge on using a 3 pot mix
- Be familiar with paint types and colours
- Be reliable and committed, and be a team player with good communication skills
- Be up-to-date with coating and preparation methods and technology
What's in it for you?
- Competitive hourly pay rate
- Regular day shift hours
- Dedicated team of consultants to ensure your health and safety is our top priorty
If this sounds like your ideal job, please apply online! Or feel free to call the team on 0800 88 88 60 (Option 1 - Auckland, Option 1 - Technical & Engineering Branch).
AWF. Keeping New Zealand Working.