Are you up for the challenge?
We're currently looking for qualified and experienced HVAC Commissioning Technicians.
Our client is a multinational organisation active in a wide range of building services. Due to current workload, their team is seeking experienced HVAC Commissioning Technicians to join the team.
In this role, you will be carrying out duties which include but not limited to testing air and water flows, adjusting dampers, and balancing valves, and setting sensors (TAB) and commissioning of many types of mechanical system. You will have extensive hands-on experience that includes TAB, validation, commission-ability, witnessing, and installation. You will have very good communication, organizational and analytical skills.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Testing, Adjusting and Balancing of Air and Water flow rates in Systems in accordance with drawings and specifications while complying with various codes and standards.
- Flushing and water treatment of Heating and Chilled water systems.
- Testing HVAC control systems ensuring equipment work to its specification.
- Diagnosis of system performance, fault finding and delivering appropriate solution.
- Responsible for completing comprehensive review of any field measurements and generating certified reports.
- Ensuring safe working conditions.
To be successful for this role, you will
- Have sound knowledge of HVAC commissioning and pre-commissioning services and have a minimum 3 years' experience in New Zealand.
- Hold relevant Mechanical Engineering Qualification along with proven hands-on industry experience.
- Be knowledgeable and experienced with Controlled Devices (dampers, valves, inlet guide vanes, fans, pumps, compressors) and Balancing Instruments (e.g. Tour & Anderson Scope).
- Have good computer literacy to help prepare documentation along with strong English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be physically fit as you will be continuously using ladders and handling heavy instruments.
- Have knowledge and Commitment to Health and Safety protocols.
- Be able to handle work with minimum supervision.
- Have Site safe and EWP License.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and have clear criminal record.
- Have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
The most important attribute we look for is ATTITUDE! We are looking for a team player with both initiative and sound judgement.
What's on offer?
To attract the best Tradespersons, we are offering a salary to match your skills and experience.
If you are interested in the position and want to apply, please click Apply Online now! If you have any specific questions about the opportunity, please call 03 371 7311.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit and need to be available for an immediate start. Overseas applicants will not be considered for these roles.