Hands on permanent position
Hourly rate - up to $30 per hour depending on experience
Location - Rolleston/Prebbleton area
AWF is pleased to be partnering our client in their search for a Horticulturalist/Floraculturalist. They are a successful and well established, privately owned business that specialises in growing flowers for the international and local markets. They are proud of their reputation for quality, for being a good employer, for offering great employment conditions, and for having a low staff turnover. They are a small and committed team who are efficient, multi- skilled and flexible to meet the needs of their crops and their markets.
On a day to day basis you will be involved in the preparation of soil for planting, planting and crop management, pest control and spraying, picking and preparing flowers for dispatch, machine operation, general maintenance and some administration tasks. Crops are grown all year round (under cover) - the summer months will see you starting around 6am, and later during winter. The work is typically Monday to Friday. Based in the rural Rolleston/Prebbleton area, they are not on a bus route so you will need a licence and vehicle to get to and from work.
Just some of what they can offer
- A well organised operation, boasting new equipment and facilities
- Up to $30 per hour depending on experience
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- A cohesive team that are passionate about what they do.
Some of the things they are looking for…..
- Previous horticulture/agricultural experience, and a relevant qualification such as a Dip Hort or Grow Safe
- A good understanding of crop care, pest control, irrigation and quality control
- A good level of mechanical aptitude and an ability to use a variety of vehicles and machinery
- The ability to carry out maintenance and general housekeeping duties
- A strong work ethic and the flexibility to work additional hours during the summer season
- A high level of physical fitness
- A positive can do attitude and a willingness to 'pitch in' wherever.
This is a great opportunity for someone who likes to work for employers who value your contribution, offer great working conditions, are willing to get their own hands dirty, and offer extended hours over the summer months. Interested? Apply online NOW! If you would like more information, please call Lisa Edwards on 03 371 7311.