Our client is a leading player in their industry, building retirement villages in both New Zealand and Australia. They are looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join their team, working on one of Hamilton's biggest developments. You will be a motivated team player who is passionate about health and safety and ensuring everyone on site gets home safe.
This is a full time, temporary role, from Monday - Friday with occasional Saturdays. You'll work alongside the existing Health and Safety Advisor and Health and Safety Coordinator.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have worked on a construction site
- Ideally have experience in health and safety. A qualification is desirable
- Manage and mitigate risk. You will be able to complete risk assessments and use a risk matrix
- Be an administrative whiz. You'll be great with technology and a fast learner
- Be an excellent communicator and positively influence others on site, always striving for the highest standards possible. You're not afraid to speak up if you see something that doesn't look right.
- Have strong writing skills and an eye for detail
What you'll do:
- Provide essential, administrative support to the senior team
- Maintain health and safety documentation
- Identify any hazards and ensure compliance with regulations and safety protocols
- Assist with inductions for all visitors and contractors to site
- Monitor and improve subcontractor health and safety standards and promote safe work practises
What you get:
- Weekly wages
- As an employee of AWF (not a contractor) you will accrue holiday pay, sick leave and ACC cover
- Consistent and ongoing work
- Opportunities to upskill and receive further training
You will need to have a clean criminal history and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Please apply online with your current CV or come in and see us at Unit 3/27Norton Road, Frankton, Hamilton. Alternatively you can call us on 07 848 1811/0800 88 88 60.