ABOUT THE COMPANY
AWF is part of AWF Madison Group - New Zealand's only staffing provider listed on the NZX. Today, we are the largest staffing provider with a geographic spread almost double our nearest competitor. With 35 branches from Kaitaia to Invercargill, there are up to 3,500 people working through AWF every day. From providing chippies to the country's largest constructors, roller drivers to civil contractors; devanning services, picking and packing for many iconic brands; driving trucks in some of the largest fleets; to processing many of the food items we all eat every day, AWF supply them all.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Health and Safety Administrator at AWF you will be an influential and vital piece of the puzzle. Your role will involve championing improvements within Health and Safety, and supporting our branches in providing a safe working environment for our 1500 (approximate) temporary field staff who work in our clients' businesses nationwide. Your focus on process and procedure and your keen attention to detail will allow our team and the business to lead the way in this field. Reporting to the Group Health and Safety Business Partner you will be part of a People and Safety team who work together to support the wider business.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a Super User on Vault (Our in-house Incident reporting System)
- Provide ongoing training and support for key staff members on our Internal Incident Management System (Vault) and various Health & Safety Procedures and Policies
- Completing, overseeing and closing out Incident investigations, as they arise
- Assist with internal Health and Safety audits as required
- Assist in compiling and report on incident trends across the business
- Assisting with completing ACC AEP Audits and prequalification certification audits (i.e. Site Wise, Prequal, Safe Plus, etc.) and client specific prequalification's
- Review and update H&S policies, procedures and related documentation
- Assist with hazard and risk management throughout the business and support teams in the application of risk management skills that lead to effective hazard identification and controls to eliminate or minimise
- Contribute to H&S injury prevention topics and implement injury prevention programmes, taking responsibility for producing newsletters and alerts
- Champion Health & Safety by working together to promote positive Health & Safety work practices and implementing initiatives to recognise and reward people for their contributions.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A Tertiary Qualification in Health & Safety disciplines preferred
- At least 1+ year of proven experience in Health & Safety discipline
- Proven experience and track record of success in a high level of administration, communication and co-ordination
- Experience with health & safety management systems & using incident reporting systems is desirable
- Good understanding of the Health & safety at Work Act 2015, current Regulations & Worksafe Good Practice Guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite
Health and Safety best practice is a vital part of the continued success of AWF. This is an opportunity to be part of that. With a great team and the company behind you this is a chance for your skills to really be utilised and for you to develop further as a health and safety champion. You will be well remunerated for your contribution and enjoy all the benefits of working for a large NZ company, with the added bonus of having a paid birthday off and a paid end of year shopping day.
To have a confidential discussion about the role, please call Darren on 021 804 325 or if this is the right role for you apply now.