Our client is seeking a Terminal Operator to join their close-knit Dunedin team. Our client operates and manages fuel storage facilities for BP at seven regional port locations in New Zealand. The Terminal Operator is part of an expert team whose purpose is to safely operate, manage and maintain terminal facilities that receive, store and transfer refined fuel products.
This is a varied role for someone who enjoys being hands-on in the yard as well as working in the office, who can comfortably interact with haulage drivers, contractors and others that come to the site.
You will have a high level of attention to detail and good record keeping skills along with an ability to interpret information, understand instructions and follow set procedures. The ability to work effectively in a team, communicate clearly and maintain a proactive/can-do attitude is also a must.
The terminals are normally attended Monday to Friday (between 7am and 5pm), with night and weekend work to meet operational requirements occasionally required.
Skills and experience:
- Practical operational skills that are relevant to plant, terminal and wharf operations in the oil industry or related industry
- Operating to safety procedures in industrial environments including hazard and risk management
- Sound problem solving skills with the ability to identify and address key issues
- Good organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at the same time
- Good relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate computer skills and the ability to use a variety of software
- Well-developed verbal communication and record keeping skills
- Understanding of health, safety and environmental legislation and regulations
The following qualifications will be an advantage but not essential:
- Trade qualification in mechanical or electrical trades or relevant Industry Training Organisation unit standards
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or a related discipline
- Shore Officer certification (from previous employer)
You must hold a Full New Zealand Driver's licence and be a NZ Permanent Resident.
If you like sound of this opportunity and you or someone you know fit the above criteria, then apply today!
Call Megan at Select Recruitment, Dunedin on (03) 477 0873, or apply by clicking the "APPLY" button, and completing the entry fields.
Please Note: to be successful, you must hold a full New Zealand Drivers Licence and be a Permanent New Zealand Resident. As per our standard recruitment process, all applicants will undergo Pre-employment Reference Checks, Drug and Alcohol screening, along with a Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check to determine employment suitability.