AWF are looking for experienced Fitter Turners who have a minimum of three years' experience for six positions across Bay of Plenty.
You should have proven experience with manual lathe and milling machines as well as general maintenance experience. Exposure to hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical fault finding is preferred.
You'll also need a good command of English both written and verbal to communicate with sub-contractors, clients and internal trade's people effectively.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum three years' experience ideally within a production environment
- Ability to interpret drawings and technical diagrams to determine proper sequence of operation and suitable materials
- Fitting fabricated metal parts and components into products and subassemblies
- Capability to diagnose faults, perform scheduled and reactive maintenance as well as commissioning of new equipment
- Cutting, threading, bending, and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines
- Forming metal stock and castings to fine tolerances
- Setting guides, stops and other controls on machining tools
What's in it for you?
- Permanent position
- Hourly rate between $30-$35ph based on experience
- Monday to Friday work with minimum 30 hours guaranteed
- Weekly pay, including 8% annual leave accrual, Kiwi Saver contributions and ACC cover
- Excellent industry exposure and experience
- PPE gear provided, replenished when required
- Working with a dedicated team to ensure your health and safety is our number one priority
For health and safety reasons we require all suitable applicants to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and should pass AWF's criminal background checks.
AWF. Keeping New Zealand Working.