Design Energy Limited (www.designenergy.co.nz) is a dynamic and innovative engineering consultancy and automated machine building business based in Christchurch. They are a passionate and agile operation who continue to develop niche business opportunities throughout New Zealand and internationally. All their projects are bespoke and utilise leading edge robotic technology; their projects include design, assembly, commissioning, installation and ongoing servicing.
Due to ongoing growth, Design Energy is adding a new Fitter/Machine Assembler position to their team. This is a hands-on trades position and is predominantly based in their workshop. They pride themselves on the collaborative environment and you will work closely with the Production Manager, design engineers, contractors and customers.
The role will see you working on an exciting and diverse range of projects and focuses on
- Assembling new automated/robotic machinery
- Fine tuning and commissioning of new plant
- Client Installation and servicing (some travel required)
You will have a trade background in machine building, maintenance, fitting, or toolmaking. To be the perfect fit for this team, you will bring a diverse range of skills, tenacity and your 'A' game to each new task, learning opportunity or challenge that comes your way. Other skills and qualities include
A minimum of 5 years relevant trades/industry experience, and advanced mechanical knowledge
- Excellent trouble shooting and fault finding skills
- As strong understanding of machinery related competencies such as pneumatics, controls etc.
- A strong eye for detail, quality orientation, and a 'can do' attitude
- Experience within programming, maintenance and operation of robotics would be an advantage
- Experience within controls, PLC's and some electrical experience also a bonus
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- The desire to learn, and the flexibility and adaptability to do new!
On offer - variety, cutting edge technology, challenge, the ability to work with a talented team of design professionals, and an attractive salary that will reflect your ability to add value.
If you have what it takes, and are to take your career to the next level we want to hear from you. Please apply online with a CV that showcases your skills. For a confidential enquiry please contact Lisa Edwards, 021 949 174.
To be considered for this role you must apply via AWF, as applications from other agencies will not be considered.