Finishing Technician/Quality checker role
AWF is pleased to be working with our Rangiora based client in their search for a Finishing Technician and quality checker. They are a well-established plastics manufacturing company who produce a range of large products for the agriculture, and roading sectors. They have a healthy forward order book, and want to develop your skills!
The role - once products have come out of their moulds that need to be 'finished'. Tasks will include sanding and grinding of edges and openings, assembling finished products, and quality checking. Ultimately you would also learn to weld plastic. You will operate a variety of power tools and a forklift.
What they can offer you! Training, job stability, good rates as well as …..
- the ability to learn and develop within a new industry
- A small and committed team environment that is focussed on producing quality products
- weekly bonuses when the team achieve production targets
- a newly built production facility that is well maintained
What we are looking for -
- Previous experience within the plastics or engineering industry
- A solid background in the operation of hand held power tools - grinders and sanders
- Someone who is a team player and enjoys achieving team goals
- Someone with a high level of physical ability
- A strong eye for detail and quality, and the ability to work with precision
- Someone who is keen to learn and develop
The company works a standard 47.5 hour week - Monday to Friday 7am - 5pm, and you have the ability to increase your hourly rate as your skills increase.
Do you have the skills and attributes we seek? If so, we want to hear from you! The position is vacant now so APPLY ONLINE with your current CV today! If you wish to know more please call Lisa on 021949174