Our client is on the search for an all-rounder superstar to help them in their busy and fast-paced Fish processing facility in Wellington Central.
This role is varied, and busy. You will be working in chilled conditions, be required to do some heavy lifting, and will require a good level of fitness. This role is not for the faint hearted, so if you think you have what it takes, we would love to hear from you!
This role will be part-time casual - this means that your working week will generally be based in the factory from Tuesday to Thursday 0600-1500, however there will be several evening shifts per week where you will be required to meet the fishing vessel to help off-load the days catch. These evenings may be within the Tuesday-Thursday OR on other evenings throughout the week.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with unloading fish at the Wharf & loading into the company truck for return to the factory
- Assist with unloading in the inwards goods area as required
- Monitor the quality of products to ensure it is maintained at specified temperatures and in the best possible condition throughout the processing, packaging and delivery process
- Carry out compliance checks - such as Pre-Ops and Temperature checks - as required by the Site Food Control Plan
- Assist with cleaning duties as required - e.g Factory, Inwards Goods, Vehicles
- Assist with operation of the bin washer as required
- Carry out any other general labouring or compliance tasks as directed by the factory manager
You MUST have your own reliable transport, and be a person that our client can rely on to not let them down! We will require you to supply 2 recent references that can vouch for your time management and reliability.
Due to the location, and various start times public transport may not be a viable option.
If you have proven experience in a factory, thrive on the not-so-easy jobs and are flexible with your working hours...and LOVE fish, then this could be the perfect role for you!
Applicants must have the right to work in New Zealand (a vaild work visa, or be an NZ Resident), be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, and an MOJ check.