We are seeking experienced Excavator/Digger Operators, Dump Truck Drivers and Dozer Operators.
I have several positions that require an immediate start. This will be from the 24th August for approx. 8 to 10 weeks at this stage.
Our clients require operators who are very experienced in this field as the work requires a high level of accuracy.
The roles are for several projects that our client due to start end of next week.
You will need to be able to demonstrate that you are able to manipulate the heavy equipment in a safe manner, have the physical strength and stamina to stand strenuous and potentially technically challenging work environments, be able to work well as part of a team, and have good decision-making skills.
Your time management skills will reflect your ability to complete the sections required in an efficient manner to enable the project to keep to the strict schedules.
Your problem-solving abilities will shine when you are able to troubleshoot mechanical or functional issues as they arise, to therefore reduce down-time on site.
As an operator you will be responsible for performing maintenance checks, implementing safety measures, notifying if any repairs or maintenance is required for the equipment.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive rates relevant to experience. This will be discussed with the successful applicants.
- This is a fixed term assignment.
- Weekly pay, competitive rates are paid and are negotiable depending on experience and will be discussed upon application.
- We'll look after the paperwork so you'll get the holiday pay, sick pay and ACC cover you're entitled to.
- We supply your basic PPE Kit Hi vis, Hard hat, gloves, glasses, wet weather gear and safety boots - so no need to buy the expensive safety gear before you get paid.
What you need:
- Reliable transport to get to the client yard.
- Great work ethic with attention to detail.
- Be fit and work ready as reliability is a must.
- Health and safety awareness to ensure you and your fellow workers are safe on site.
- Able to work long hours as this can be anywhere from 10-hour shifts to 12-hour shifts.
- Be confident with communication within the team.
- Full class 2 with WTR for the machine operators, a class 4 for the dump truck operators NZ driver's licence.
- Please provide your C.V with relevant work experience and two work references to validate this experience.
- Pre employment drug screen, ACC and MOJ checks will be required.
AWF work with some of New Zealand's leading civil companies and have a huge range of new job opportunities daily. Every day across New Zealand, thousands of people work through AWF.
Candidates for this role will only be considered if you provide your up to date C.V, are available to start by the 24th August here in Blenheim also we are unable to consider overseas applicants due to current COVID situation.
If this sounds like you, click "apply now" or free phone 0800 888860 for a confidential chat.