We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Estimator/Project/Contract Manager, to permanently join a locally owned and operated building and renovations company, that primarily specialise in residential builds.
If you are looking for variety in your day to day, enjoy working with a broad variety of people and believe effective communication to be one of your strengths, read on!
Let's talk about the opportunity:
- Company: Locally owned and operated Dunedin building and renovations company
- Hours: Monday to Friday
- Location: Combination of office based and site work to perform physical inspections
- Benefits include a company vehicle, a generous remuneration package and health plan.
As an effective communicator, this role connects with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders including clients, builders, contractors and local authorities when required.
Elements of the role may include:
- Meeting with clients and providing project updates
- Estimating, quoting and general project management
- Negotiating contracts and invoicing variations with clients
- Interpreting and discussing plans, ensuring they meet building code regulations and client specifications
- Researching product options for clients and ordering stock
- Overseeing and supporting builders
- Liaising between contractors and local authorities.
Let's talk about you:
- Adaptive and flexible, you'll enjoy working within a busy and energetic team environment
- Have proven ability to interpret and effectively communicate your knowledge of H&S Regulations, NZ Building Contracts and Building Code Checking
- This is a customer focused role so excellent communication skills and an aptitude for sales is essential
- A good comprehension of building timelines gained from experience working from project start to completion, is essential
- You will be able to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team, reporting directly to the Managing Director
- Experience in researching product options and ordering stock
- Have an eye for detail, coupled with a high degree of accuracy
- Exceptional administrative skills/IT savvy/high level of proficiency in MS Office suite. Experience in Microsoft Project would be advantageous.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you and you fit the above criteria apply today!
For more information call Megan at Select Recruitment, Dunedin on (03) 477 0873, or apply by clicking the "APPLY" button, and completing the entry fields.
Please Note: to be successful, you must hold a Full New Zealand Drivers Licence and be a Permanent New Zealand Resident. As per our standard recruitment process, all applicants will undergo Pre-employment Reference Checks, Drug and Alcohol screening, along with a Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check to determine employment suitability.