About the company
Our client is a large, financially healthy organisation with a very positive culture. They are looking to train up the next generation of people to look after Wellington's drinking water and storm water networks.
What you will be doing in this role:
You will be assisting our clients' construction crews that renew Wellington's water, wastewater, and storm water projects.
The right candidate would have the following attributes:
- Great willingness to learn, and to continuously improve yourself and those around you
- Previous experience in and around pipe laying in civil environments
- Experience with measuring and setting out sites.
- Decent physical fitness
- A full driver's licence (Class 1) and reliable transport.
- Great communication skills, and ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong focus on Health and Safety and protection of the environment
- Ideally, you will hold a certificate in Drain Laying, however, consideration will be given to someone who is able to demonstrate experience relevant to the position and who is prepared to study towards Drain Laying qualifications.
The benefits on offer:
A fantastic (and for the right person, a potential permanent) opportunity to gain training and career development in a very sought after industry. You will be a part of a great team, a safe and collaborative working environment, and a remuneration package. Weekly pay, annual leave.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have to have a clear criminal record, and be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or valid NZ work visa and provide an up to date CV. Please note, you must be based in Wellington to be considered for this role.
If you feel you are the right person for the job or would like further information, please call Daan straight away on 04 473 99 15, or apply using the button to your right.
AWF, Keeping NZ working!