Our client is a successful and growing business based in the Ngauranga Gorge area. They are currently actively looking for a
The Dispatcher is responsible for supervising drivers and coordinating their vehicles to deliver and retrieve our client's product throughout the greater Wellington region to meet customer needs.
You will apply excellent communication skills to support drivers, managers, crews and customers. This is a high-paced role, ensuring maximum profitability for each unit. Your best-laid plans can change within moments, so the ability to think on your feet is key. Are you up for the challenge?
* Either directly take or receive from others bookings from customers, record and dispatch drivers in a timely and efficient manner to meet customer needs.
* Provide assistance on route/at location to drivers and/or liaise with customers as required.
* Ensure all company dispatch processes and procedures are followed.
* Fleet Monitoring. Following up and regular monitoring of fleet to ensure the job bookings are received and carried according to the instructions provided.
* Remind drivers of the importance, where necessary, of providing a reliable, timely and professional service to the company's customers.
* Always act professionally in dealings with customers including being friendly and helpful.
* Resolve customer complaints/issues where possible in a timely manner and in a way that maintains our clients' reputation, escalating to the owner wherever necessary.
Safety and Wellbeing
* Ensure own wellness, health and safety and comply with our client's health and safety policies and procedures.
* Maintain an awareness of others behaviour in relation to Health and Safety, escalating to the Owner as necessary.
* Continually develop business and industry knowledge with a view to suggesting changes and/or improvements to our client, considering the impact to the business, and looking for business opportunities.
* Any other related duties as required from time to time.
Knowledge and Experience
* Knowledge of the Transport Industry and local geography useful.
* Prior logistics experience desirable but not necessary.
* Some Heavy vehicle knowledge an advantage.
Skills/ Competencies and Attributes
* Organised and able to plan/prioritise and multi-task
* Attention to detail
* Able to follow a process
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Good decision making ability
* Computer literate
* Interpersonal skills and influencing capability
* Great at building and maintaining relationships - internally and externally
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Able to work under pressure and independently
* Strong customer service ethic
* Good with numbers
* Can do attitude
* Comfortable dealing with conflict
* Team player
If you feel you are the right person for the job, or would like further information, please apply directly or call Daan Heeneman straight away on 04 473 99 15.
Please note that applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a current, valid NZ work permit, and need to be available for an immediate start here in Wellington.
A pre-employment drug screen is part of our recruitment process. We will also need to be able to contact two relevant -workplace- referees.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.