About the role
AWF are seeking a mechanic with advance experience in hydraulics to work with the current team both in the workshop and in the field. This role is Monday to Friday although there may be the odd weekend day required on rare occasions as well as an increase in hours / days over seasonal peaks in the Marlborough Region.
The workshop has modern equipment and facilities to ensure the service and workshop team can continue to deliver great results that help them be successful.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal applicant/s will be an experienced heavy equipment mechanic with hydraulic experience. Ideally you'll hold a Certificate in Heavy Automotive Engineering however we're also happy to talk with you if you have prior experience but don't hold this certification.
You'll need to be able to communicate well with others to understand the situation and cause and also be able to manage changing priorities.
In addition to the above to be successful in this role you'll need:
- A full New Zealand Drivers Licence as a minimum (higher classes of licence ideally)
- The ability to pass pre-employment checks including; Drug and Alcohol and criminal history
- The right to work in New Zealand and relevant documentation to prove it
- A current CV with contactable references
So what's in it for you?
Other than working for a great New Zealand company that truly cares about its people, invests in modern equipment, and is passionate about their duty to deliver back to the region they work within, our clients believe in a fair days work for a fair days pay so these roles also come with a competitive pay rates. We're happy to negotiate rates based on experience but this roles rate is anticipated to be between $35 and $45 an hour (depending on experience).
These roles have the potential to be ongoing assignments for the right candidate.
Sound like your kind of role?
Here's how to apply, and we don't mind how you do it either;
- Apply below by clicking the link and attaching your CV
- Send a copy of your CV to Blenheim@awf.co.nz
- Give us a call on (03) 579 3900 (freephone 0800 88 88 60) and have a chat to us about your application
- Apply in person by coming into our AWF office at 13 Main Street
If you have the skills to be successful in this role then don't delay apply today because we want to speak with you.