Our client is one of New Zealands largest employers with 55,000 people working for them across their different industries all focused around the construction and civil construction sectors. They look after their people and believe in doing this safely and properly.
They have high standards and offer people who look after them great opportunities to grow and develop within the industry, this is a team you want to be a part of if you like looking back at the end of a project and feeling proud about your contribution.
About the role
We are looking for great class 5 truck drivers to assist our client working in the civil construction sector. Our clients resealing team works right throughout the South Island repairing and maintaining the road that keep NZ moving.
The role involves:
- Carting chip seal, equipment and emulsion liquids to and from the work sites
- Varied driving and operating tasks
There is also a need for a good level of physical fitness as roads are built in teams so there will be times where you will be required to get stuck in to help the wider team out to ensure that projects are delivered on time. It's a great chance for you to both drive the trucks you love and also have the chance to get out of your cab and stay fit and well.
The travel is varied, but they endeavour to return back to Invercargill every second weekend to ensure a work life balance an over night allowance of $60 per night (non-taxable) is paid for expenses and accommodation is provided while away.
The role is full time and there is the potential of becoming permanent for the right drivers.
- You will be physically fit and able to get along within a team environment
- Enjoy working outdoors and not be afraid of the best and worst the weather can throw at you
- Ideally have some experience tying down machinery for transport and experience with a road ranger gearbox is essential
- Dedicated to safe driving, understand log book rules and be vigilant at ensuring that you work within these rules
In addition to this you will have the following:
- A full class 5 New Zealand Drivers licence (ideally with WTR endorsements)
- Be able to pass pre-employment checks, including ACC, criminal history and drug/alcohol screening
- WTR endorsements are ideal but not essential
- The right to work in NZ, and relevant documentation to prove this
- A current CV with atleast 2 work references
If this sounds like you and you want to help keep NZ moving then click "apply now" and attach your CV because we want to hear from you. If you want to know more information about this role then give Dylan or Hailey at AWF Invercargill a call on 03 214 0388