Class 2 Gantry Truck Driver - permanent position
Our client is locally owned and operated business, closely connected to Wellington's booming construction industry, and they've built a solid reputation of offering value to their customers, minimise negative environmental impact and to actively support the people that work there; this really is a company with a difference.
They got busier! As a result, our client is looking for a Class 2 Gantry Truck driver to join their team. This role is perfect for an experienced driver/operator with a minimum of 2 years Gantry operating experience.
- Operating a Class 2 gantry truck
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Loading & collecting skip bins throughout the south of the North Island, including around Wellington's typical narrow streets
If you have...
- Clean and current Class 2 NZ Drivers licence,
- Gantry Truck Driving / Operating experience,
- Good metro Wellington knowledge,
- Experience working with and around, large machinery in tight area's,
- Enjoy working in a team environment and interacting with new people/customers,
- Enjoy keeping active and getting your hands dirty,
- Physically fit to climb in, out and on your truck often,
- Available to work Monday to Saturday, starting 6am.
...you could be very successful in this role!
Being based in an active yard with numerous moving vehicles and staff, a high level of Health and Safety awareness is essential.
What you'll get in return
- Close knit team environment
- Competitive remuneration and consistent hours
- Supportive company values
If you feel you are the right person for the job, or would like further information, please apply directly or call Daan Heeneman straight away on 04 473 99 15.
Please note that applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a current, valid NZ work permit, and need to be available for an immediate start here in Wellington.
A pre-employment drug screen is part of our recruitment process. We will also need to be able to contact two relevant -workplace- referees.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please us for a confidential discussion on your career.
AWF: Keeping NZ Working