Every day across New Zealand, thousands of people work through AWF. We've been in business since 1988 and our 30 branches help a huge variety of local and national businesses with the skills they need to operate successfully.
We are looking for:
Experienced Carpenter/ Joiner who is available for an immediate start to assist with a project from now through to March 2020. Possible permanent opportunities may be available for the right candidates post this project. A range of positions are available.
Hours are Monday - Friday 7:00am - 5:00pm
It's important that:
- You have prior Carpentry/Joinery manufacturing process experience
- You are able to read off plans
- Experience using timber processing machinery including but not limited to planers and saws etc
- You must be physically fit as some heavy lifting may be required
- Having a current OSH Forklift Operator Certificate (F Endorsed) would be an advantage
- Your safety awareness shows through in a fast paced environment
- You are confident and competent working around industrial machinery
- You can work as a part of a team to meet targets whilst maintaining quality standards
- You won't mind getting your hands dirty performing your daily tasks
What you will need:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Have a clean criminal history
- Be a problem solver and be able use initiative
- We'll look after the paperwork so that you'll get the holiday pay, sick pay and ACC cover you're entitled to
- You'll be working with people who respect the skills you bring to the job and who'll help you progress your career.
If you have the skills, licences and relevant experience please apply now attaching your CV with 2 employment referees.