Palmerston North Boys' High School College House has a lot of hungry boys to feed and we are looking for someone with a passion for food and a willingness to learn to cater to a large group of active, growing teenagers. Working in the award-winning dining hall, you will be responsible for preparing a range of food options as well as cleaning, stock deliveries and rotation, kitchen hand duties and serving the meals.
Experience working in a catering environment is an advantage, however full training will be given to anyone who is genuinely interested in food, its preparation and presentation.
This is a fulfilling role with the following hours:
- Sunday: 9am to 6pm
- Monday/Tuesday: 12:30pm to 7:30pm
- Wednesday/Thursday: 4pm to 7:30pm
Some flexibility may be required to cover when other staff are away.
We are very interested in hearing from candidates who:
- Have good communication skills and can follow written and verbal instructions
- Have experience in the catering industry
- Love cooking and food preparation
- Are self-motivated and hard working
- Have a willingness to learn
- Possess a positive attitude and excellent people skills
- Can work the set hours with flexibility for extra hours if required
If you are friendly and motivated you will be a good fit for this role. You will need to have a high standard of personal presentation and cleanliness, have impeccable food safety standards and most importantly you must enjoy working with others, including fellow staff and the young men you will be catering for. This is a permanent part-time role.
If this role interests you, please apply ASAP with an up-to-date CV and cover letter.