We have a client on the look out for Wharfperson to join their team, but also Class 1 drivers that can double as carship drivers too! There are a few of these positions available and they are ongoing, full-time.
There are many different duties that you could do in your day to day - but that's what's exciting! You must be happy with working 12hr shifts, but if you were working carships the shifts wouldn't be as long.
What you could be doing & what you need:
- Wharf hand duties; assisting with logging and the loading of logs when vessles come in. - Strapping logs, hooking logs onto the cranes, potentially counting and marking logs.
- These duties will never require you to go onto the ships.
- You must have a certain degree of fitness
- This position will also double as a carship driver: assisting with unloading of new and second hand motor vehicles.
- Must have a Full Class 1 license
- You will be rostered on shift when vessles are scheduled in - Wharfperon shifts are up to 12hrs & Carships may vary
AWF is part of New Zealands largest recruitment and resourcing group. We have thousands of people working for us every day throughout New Zealand.
We are dedicated to the health, safety and well being of all of our field employees; even providing you with all the PPE you need to go to work! Our aim is to work with you to find the roles that suit your skills and experience.
Our clients are industry leaders and they care about our people as much as we do, at AWF we're proud to say we keep NZ working and we're passionate about finding great people to help us do this.
What you need to do:
In order to be considered for this role, you must have:
- A clear criminal record
- Be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Provide 2 references
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa, and provide an up to date CV.
If this sounds like you, you're keen to get on Wellington's Port and have a variety to your everyday, then APPLY NOW!