AWF, and our client McCallums Linen Hire, are seeking someone to join there Washroom team working out of their factory located in Otepuni Ave, Invercargill.
This work is diverse and will involve you turning your hand to a bit of the entire washroom process. The key parts of this role include the following;
- Operating the washers, including completing compliance checks and cleaning of food grade units to a very high standard.
- Operating dry cleaning units, McCallums Group are the only commercial dry cleaning operation in Invercargill
- Working as part of the sorting team
- Completing maintenance checks and other general hand duties
This role lends itself to someone who is mechanically minded as there will be an expectation that you assist with maintenance of the units and if you're interested there is an opportunity for ongoing development opportunities for things like boiler maintenance and chemical handling among other things, with pay increases follwing the completion of training and compitency assessments.
This is physical work and you will need to be able to lift up to 20kg's without struggle, the environment is also very warm and this makes it not for everyone but it will definitely keep you fit and healthy.
This role works are part of a rotation so one week you'll work with the washers and the next you'll work in the dry cleaning side, this ensures you learn all aspects of this great business and also ensures you get a bit of variety in your work.
About McCallums Group;
McCallums group was established in 1927 and over the last 90+ years through the great work of their people they have been dedicated to growing their business and their people. McCallums are driven to continue to build their legacy and understand that this means always striving to work efficiently and effectively.
They also understand that for their work to continue they need to ensure that they deliver, and continue to improve on, their dedication to sustainability and operating in the most evironmentally friendly way.
You will be a reliable worker with great work ethic. Your prior experience working as part of a team will lead you to being able to get along with others and willing to work with them to allow the work to be completed efficiently.
You will be physically fit and strong and able to work at higher than normal ambient temperatures, you wont be afraid of getting your hand dirty working with the machines but also understand the importance of getting them clean again so as to ensure that the linens are delivered clean and hygenic.
This is a role that is process driven, and these processes have been developed to be industry best practice, because of this you will be dedicated to doing work the right way and understand that all parts of the process are important.
In addition to the above you will;
- Have the right to work in NZ and have the relevant documentation to prove it
- Be able to pass pre-employments checks including drug/alcohol screening, criminal history and ACC history
- Hold a current full New Zealand drivers license, forklift would be advantageous but can form part of the training if need be
- Have a current CV with contactable work references
- Be physically capable of lifting upto 20kg's and able to complete a physical assessment if required
If this sounds like you (or you want to know more) and you want to work hard whilst developing and growing yourself, then give Dylan or Hailey a call on 03 214 0388 (0800 88 88 60) or click "apply now" because we want to hear from you. You can also drop into our Invercargill Office at 65 Deveron Street, either way get in touch and lets get you working.
AWF ltd are undertaking all recruitment processes on behalf of McCallums Linen hire, all applications, vetting and pre-employment porcesses will be completed by AWF prior to employment by McCallums Group.
All applicants will be responded to regardless of suitability.