At AWF we pride ourselves on providing the right people for the job that they need doing. We work with some of New Zealands best operators to ensure their businesses continue to function efficiently. We believe in paying people fairly and frequently catch up with our team to ensure they are getting what they need.
Right now we are on the lookout for Traffic Controllers to join our team we have a number of roles right now and have a lot more on the way.
Traffic control is more than just lolly pop people these are hardworking individuals responsible for ensuring the safety of everyone working on a road works site and the general public travelling through them. It requires endurance as the days can be long but it's a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with New Zealands biggest civil construction companies and also earn good money at the same time.
Our ideal candidates will:
- Have a current traffic control ticket however for those that are keen we also offer in house training and so can assist you in acquiring the tickets needed
- Be physically capable and want to work in the great outdoors
- Understand outdoor work you will see great weather and also weather that is not so great
For ticketed TC's that are willing to travel (accommodation and allowances paid) we have a number of full time roles, those that are yet to acquire them will still have work although this may be slower initially and build towards full time very quickly. This work will continue until at least Easter and beyond for the right people willing to get stuck in and help the team be successful.
If you're keen on becoming a traffic controller then you will need the following:
- A New Zealand restricted drivers licence as a minimum
- A good level of physical fitness, you will on your feet for a good portion of the day
- Be able to pass pre-employment checks, including drug screen and criminal history
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Traffic control experience would be an advantage however not essential. AWF will provide successful applicants with training and certification through our course on the 19th January.
If this sounds like you and you want to start your career in civil construction then give AWF Invercargill a call on 214 0388 (0800 88 88 60) or click "apply now" and lets get going!