We are seeking experienced Level 1 Traffic Controllers and STMS qualified staff for the summer season. We have some great roles with top NZ national clients which could lead to ongoing work. Looking to take the first step in your career? We can help!
What's in it for you:
- Ongoing varied work with different clients to increase your skill
- Variety of shifts both day and night available
- Opportunity to up skill from TC to an STMS
- Possibility to up skill from Class 1 licence to Class 2 so you can operate the signs trucks
- You can gain valuable experience to progress your civil career
- Starting rates are $18.20 per hour and increase depending on experience
- Weekly pay
- We'll look after the paperwork so you'll get the holiday pay, sick pay and ACC cover you're entitled to
- Temporary position with potential to become permanent
- We supply your basic PPE Kit Hi vis, Hard hat, gloves, glasses, wet weather gear and safety boots - so no need to buy the expensive safety gear before you get paid.
What you need:
- Reliable transport
- Great work ethic
- Be fit and work ready as some heavy lifting is involved
- Health and safety awareness to ensure you and your fellow workers are safe on site
- Able to work long hours as this can be anywhere from 8-hour shifts to 12-hour shifts
- Reliability is a must - as this is an important part of the site set up, they can't run if you are not there
- Be confident with communication with the public and crew
- Full NZ driver's licence is a bonus
- Please provide your C.V with relevant work experience and two work references to validate this experience
- Pre employment drug screen, ACC and MOJ checks will be required
- Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa
AWF work with some of New Zealand's leading civil companies and have a huge range of new job opportunities daily. Every day across New Zealand, thousands of people work through AWF.
We are currently looking for reliable people to become Traffic Controllers. No experience? Not a problem! We can help train you to become a Traffic Controller and help start your career in civil construction.
The next available course is on the 12 November with limited spaces available, so get in quick!
If this sounds like you, click "apply now" or free phone 0800 888860 for a confidential conversation.