Every day across NZ, thousands of people work through AWF. Here at AWF Trades Christchurch we are working with many of the key commercial players who need skilled and motivated tradies and trades assistants.
We are currently on the look out for 2 x Trade Qualified Carpenters for a residential summer project to work solely as a pair with an on site supervisor.
The Project: Renovation of 3 flats in the eastern suburbs. Start date is Monday 20th November 18 - Christmas shut down 21st Dec 18 - 6th Jan 19. Return to work Monday 7th Jan for approx. 2 months to finish project.
Work will be from 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday with 2 x 15 minutes break and 1/2 hr lunch. 8 hours will be paid.
What you'll be doing:
- Removal of bathroom and kitchen fittings
- Removal of some interior walls
- Construction of new interior walls and door openings in accordance with 3604.
- Some small beams may be required to be installed for roof support
- Fixing plaster wall boards
- Plastering if previously skilled - if not that's fine
- Fitting new kitchen and bathroom fittings and doors.
- All finishing aspects including skirtings, new door handles and a variety of other finishing.
- Construction of fences and decks. Possibly some exterior landscape boxing also.
To be successful you will need:
- Proven Carpentry experience
- Trade Qualification
- All your own tools, including hand tools, power tools, drops saws etc and vehicle
- Pass a pre employment drug screen and criminal history check
- Ability to commit to length of project
- Physical fitness and great work ethic
- Good communication skills and ability to work in with other trades as a lot of liaising will be required.
What you'll get in return:
- Good hourly rates, employee benefits such as holiday pay, kiwisaver all taken care of
- Full time work with an established company - No weekend work
- On-going support and communication while on the job
Sound like you? Apply online today! Immediate starts available for successful applicants!
Want more info? Call us on Free phone 0800 88 88 60
Keeping NZ working