We are looking for experienced Steel Fixers to join the AWF workforce! We have jobs all throughout Auckland. Roles will be full time and ongoing. Monday - Saturday work with day shift hours and the possibility of overtime hours.
The job will require a skill level of at least 1 year proven experience and you will need to have a good level of physical fitness and English language to keep up with the job demands.
- Determine size, shape, quantity and location of concrete reinforcing metal according to drawings or verbal instructions, measure, cut, bend and fit welded wire mesh into concrete areas to be mesh-reinforced
Perform the following tasks:
- Read and interpret working plans and steel lists for the job
- Set out the work from these instructions
- Make steel bars or mesh the required length by cutting them with bolt cutters, guillotines and power saws
- Assemble the reinforcing bars or mesh by welding, wiring or clipping into predetermined locations within the concrete
- Fabricate steel reinforcement as beams, footing pads or special units
- Join the prefabricated units together for large sections of high rise or civil projects, and position the reinforcement ready for concrete pours
You will need your own reliable transport and a clean criminal history. And, to keep safe on the job, you'll also have to be drug free.
If you're keen on being part of AWF, get in touch. We know it'll be worth your while. Please call 0800 922955 or email your cv as below