We have an exciting opportunity available in the beautiful Coromandel to work for one of New Zealands biggest seafood company's. Their reputable brand is highly recognisable this could be your chance to work for them.
This is an immediate start and could be the challenge and lifestyle change you have been looking for in 2019. Initially this is a temporary role and if you are the right fit it could lead to a permanent position. The shifts are 12 hours long with a roster that consists of 4 on 4 off. It may require overnight stays occasionally.
To be considered for this role you need to have great communication skills and the ability to lead. You must be a team player as this skipper role requires you to supervise and work alongside the team on the harvesting operations. Safety must be at the forefront of your mind at all times and you must operate and lead following all health and safety policies and procedures . You must be proactive and show initiative. You also need to build solid working relationships that ensure a positive team environment.
If you tick the following boxes, do not hesitate to hit the APPLY button-
- NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Comprehensive understanding of H&S
- Proactive and can use your initiative
- Great communicator
- Team player
- Leadership experience
- Current SRL ticket for a vessel up to 24 metres (preferred but not essential)
- A practical understanding of responsibilities of MOSS and fisheries regulations is also required
- Be able to pass a pre-employment medical including a drug screen.
This could be the perfect opportunity for someone to take the next step in their career, or someone who wants to try something completely new who has a solid background in leadership.