Every day across New Zealand, thousands of people work through AWF. Here at AWF Trades, we are working with many of the key commercial players who need skilled and motivated tradies and trade assistants.
We are looking for Experienced Sheet metal Workers/Fabricators for an immediate start and on-going project work.
What you'll be doing:
- Finishing products by polishing, filing, sanding and cleaning assembled products
- Repairing damaged sheet metal products and components
- Fabricating or on-site assembly and installation of sheet metal products
- Marking out metal stock with reference points and lines, using templates, gauges and other measuring instruments
- Cutting metal stock along guidelines using hand and power shears, guillotines and drills
- Shaping and forming cut metal stock into products using folding and bending machines, rollers, presses and hammers
- Studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine job, material and equipment requirements
There will be a supervisor on site but you must be able to work independently
What you'll get in return:
- As our employee (not a contractor) you'll get the holiday pay, sick pay & ACC cover you're entitled to!
- Market pay rates and a weekly pay packet
- Plenty of opportunities for overtime
- Ongoing work with exciting major projects
To be successful, you will have:
- At least 3 years duct fabrication and installation experience on commercial projects
- Ability to work alone or within a team environment
- Site Safe Passport, (preferable) NZ residency or valid NZ work visa
You will also have your own license and transport, a clear criminal record and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Be part of a company that looks after people. We'll look out for you, keep you safe while you're on the job, and help you step up the career ladder.
Apply online now! Or for more info, call us on free phone 0800 88 88 60.
Keeping NZ Working
Please note: Overseas applicants will not be considered for this role