For a professional, well-known organisation in Wellington we are currently urgently recruiting a skilled
to repair water main failures, service water hydrants and -valves and install new water connections.
Our client is looking for someone that is able to start reasonably soon, and is after someone that is interested to start on a temporary contract . However this is certainly an opportunity for a permanent position for those with the right work ethic!
You will need the following:
- Relevant trade (plumbing?) or water qualification (desirable)
- Initiative and desire to learn
- Reliable and hardworking
- Full and clean drivers licence with Heavy Trade Licence
- Ability to read and understand plans
- Good communication skills
- Experience with machinery desirable eg. excavator, compactor etc
- Commitment to working at a high level of health and safety
- Available for afterhours work on a rostered basis
- Ability to liaise with the public in a courteous manner
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Confident working in confined spaces
- Physically fit and able to carry out the demands of the role
- Basic computer skills and willingness to learn new technologies
What you'll get in return
Work with a stable employer who offer a variety of work and truly look after their employees. Your expertise and opinions will be valued and respected.
If you feel you are the right person for the job or would like further information, please contact Daan Heeneman at AWF on 04 474 2361 or click 'Apply Now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
A pre-employment drug screen is part of our recruitment process. We will also need to be able to contact 2 relevant -workplace- referees.