Our well established mining industry client is looking for hard working labourers to staff the assay lines in their rock sample processing lab based outside Palmerston. This has the potential to be an ongoing role, but is at present, a casual vacancy.
We provide your PPE, we remain your employer throughout all casual placements with us and provide you with support throughout your time with us.
Working in sample preparation areas, the role involves handling hot samples utilising production machinery on a fire assay line. Full respiration equipment will be provided. No heavy lifting, although must be physically fit and healthy to adhere to repetitive tasks over the 12 hour shifts.
Each shift consists of a pick up from Dunedin at around 4am or 4pm, a bus ride to site outside Palmerstone, a 12 hour shift then the bus ride back. The bus journeys are free of charge but are unpaid.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive pay rates and weekly pay
- Predictable shift pattern of 4 Days (4 off) 4 nights (4 off)
- Working as an employee (not a contractor) so you get holiday pay, ACC cover and other benefits
- Great potential to build on your career
- Ongoing work
What do you need?
- Reliable transport to and from town pick-up location (cannot rely on public transport/walking)
- To be a non-smoker (site transport and entire mine site are non-smoking areas)
- To be happy to work closely with others in a hot environment
- Experience working in safely in busy environments
- Two recent work references who can attest for your reliability
- A clear criminal history for the last 7 years
- The legal right to work in New Zealand
- To be drug and alcohol free
If you are interested in these roles, please email Richard firstname.lastname@example.org, call 0800 522687 or click the 'Apply Now' button - don't forget to add your CV! Apologies, but we are unable to respond to any applications made from outside New Zealand as you must be living here with all visas and licences already granted to be able to apply to work with us.
All applications treated as confidential - we can't wait to hear from you.