About the Company
Our client is an international construction and engineering company, involved in a very wide range of sectors. They have been in business for over 50 years, are growing exponentially and are financially strong.
They are expanding their Wellington-based team to ensure the successful completion of challenging but rewarding projects that they are currently working on, as well as taking on the other, already lined up, projects.
This role is ideally suited to an experienced, commercially focused Quantity Surveyor, someone who can demonstrate a track record in the financial management and procurement of sub-contractors in the civil construction industry; someone organised and disciplined who is capable of delivering at the highest standard, creating and maintaining good relationships with your key stakeholders as you go.
Your responsibilities will be predominantly focused on estimating, recording and cost-tracking of all kinds of (human-, material and equipment) resources on-site, processing claims and managing variations.
The role will support your team to deliver the projects, including (but not limited to) tendering, estimating, economic evaluation, construction budgets, forecasts, cost to complete, major project reports, site measure up, contract claims, variation processing and financial reporting.
In this role, you will be working across multiple exciting but challenging civil construction and transport infrastructure projects in the $5m-$20m range.
To be considered for, and successful in this role, you will have:
- Proven experience, minimum 3 years, in project engineering, quantity surveying or contracts administration experience, along with
- Sound knowledge and exposure to NZS 3910:2013
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Valid full driver's license class 1 necessary
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, familiar working with accounting software, and strong mathematical capabilities
- High levels of motivation, flexibility and a desire to learn and perform will be essential
- Excellent ability to build internal and external relationships
What's in it for you?
- Exciting new projects: being involved in projects that shape our landscape
- Growing company
- Good family culture
- Long term career opportunities
If you feel you are the right person for the job or would like further information, please call us straight away on 04 473 99 15, or apply using the button to your right.
Please note that applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a current, valid NZ work permit, and need to be available for an immediate start here in Wellington.
A pre-employment drug screen is part of our recruitment process. We will also need to be able to contact 2 relevant -workplace- referees.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please us for a confidential discussion on your career.