Have you recently completed your level 4 National Certificate in Electrical Engineering? Are you at the start of your career and want to join the high voltage realm? Do you want to become a high profile and highly professional utilities specialist?
Benefits and perks:
- $30 per hour
- Ongoing fulltime assignment
- Excellent allowances and overtime rates
- Travel the sites of the lower north island
- Ongoing training and development
- Variety of tasks
If you enjoy problem solving, have a 'fix it' mind set and love to get out and about seeing the lower north island, then this is the perfect role for you!
We are looking for an electrician who has just started there career for our clients Projects team. Are you keen to get involved in high voltage construction? This is a fulltime ongoing assignment with the potential to go permanent with lots of opportunities to travel to sites throughout the Lower North Island.
What you will be doing:
- Undertaking various work around our client's electrical substations.
- Being paid a better start rates than other companies in the electrical field.
- Replacing transformers, installing switchboard protection, cabinet wiring, overhead electrical works, operating cranes and laying and connecting high voltage cables.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Level 4 trade qualification in Electrical Engineering
- NZ Registered electrician with a current practicing licence
- NZ full drivers licence
- Passion for developing and learning about the New Zealand electricity industry
- Site Safe or Electrical Site Safe (or willing to complete the courses)
- Basic tools
If you are interested in having a no obligation conversation about this amazing opportunity, please call us on 04 473 9915 or apply now and we will get back to you within 1 working day.
Please note that applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a current, valid NZ work permit, and need to be available for an immediate start here in Wellington.
A pre-employment drug screen is part of our recruitment process. We will also need to be able to contact 2 relevant -workplace- referees.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please us for a confidential discussion on your career.