Do you have experience in the manufacturing industry, ideally food? We require a competent person that understands the demands of such a business and can walk in and make it all work.
This position will hold significant responsibility and we need a person that can make things happen and ensure accountability for the following;
- Review and make adjustments as required to ensure accuracy of line reporting and material variances.
- Create new products within QAD
- Assist in the management of work orders i.e. creation, releasing, closing down etc. Train Team Leaders in work order management to minimise errors
- Provide KPI reports for production such as schedule adherence and output
- Work with the Planning Manager and Supply chain Manager in the regular purchasing of materials. Provide suppliers with estimated forecasts showing volumes and timings
- Regularly check inventory levels, determine if quantities are sufficient for needs and order more materials when necessary
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and any other problems as required
- Provide front end check and sequence for the Supply Chain Manager as well as cover the plan generation as leave coverage
- Provide back up to warehouse as required
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (planning, production, NPD) regarding requirement of raw materials and packaging, as well as optimum stock levels to maintain. Analyse BOM's spend and identify areas of improvement
- Maintain integrity of data within QAD
- Maintain and improve quality, food safety and hygiene within area of responsibility and take corrective action in response to quality, food safety and hygiene non-compliance
- Identify and raise risk management and WHS issues on an on-going basis in relation to area of responsibility, to ensure that risks and WHS issues are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
This position requires a person that can demonstrate the following experience and characteristics;
- 2+ year's experience working within a similar role, food manufacturing desirable
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (specifically Excel).
- Demonstrated experience using an ERP System i.e. QAD or similar
- Current Forklift License
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Sense of urgency, deadline driven with good organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
Feel like you can jump in and take control of this role? click on the link and apply now with your resume and cover letter.