We are seeking workers for a five week project working in Hokitika in milk production beginning 9 September 2018. You will be working as a general process worker in the department that processes infant formula for both the local and export market. Your day to day tasks will include machine operating, labouring, cleaning as well as general factory work.
Free accommodation is provided for the duration of the assignment in self-contained units across the road from the facility - you will need to organise your own meals and travel to get to Hokitika. The roster is 4 on/4 off with a mixture of day and night shifts.
Hokitika is a three hour drive from Christchurch, or five hours on the bus. It's renowned for its great outdoors lifestyle with many hikes and outdoorsy activities on your doorstep. Plus it will be a great way to save some money not having to pay for accommodation!
Skills and Experience
You will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Reliable and not afraid of hard work
- Physically fit and strong - can lift 20kg
- Flexible - the shift pattern is a mixture of 12hr day and night shifts
- Pass a pre-employment medical check including a drug & alcohol screen
- Clear criminal history
- Excellent comprehension of the English language - both spoken and written
- Available for work for the duration of the contract: 9 September - 12 October
As an employee of AWF you can enjoy:
- Continuity of work
- Feel supported, respected and valued
- Gain new skills and on the job training
- Temp to permanent opportunities
- Competitive rates of pay
- Plus, as our employee (not a contractor), you'll get the holiday pay, sick pay & ACC cover you're entitled to and we'll pay your tax on your behalf.
Call to Action
Be part of a company that actually cares about and rewards its staff. Call us NOW on Freephone 0800 88 88 60 and follow the prompts to get to Christchurch Manufacturing & Logistics branch for a confidential discussion.