Mussel Farm Support Crew
We are looking for reliable people to join the Mussel Farm Support team working out of Havelock. Reporting directly to the Farming Support Supervisors, you will be involved in variety of tasks to support the on-water activities related to mussel harvesting.
This role involves working in the farming services yard cleaning and reconditioning mussel farm ropes ensuring longevity and continual use, cutting marine rope, drop ropes and backbone ropes, recycling, and water blasting mussel floats, loading stocking tubes for assisting in re-seeding mussel farms.
Pay rates for this position are reflective on the work required and are above average.
To be considered you will need:
- Reliable transport to get to and from the client's yard in Havelock.
- Great work ethic.
- A good attitude and ability to work as part of a team.
- Be fit and work ready as some heavy lifting is involved.
- Health and safety awareness to ensure you and your fellow workers are safe on site.
- Able to work long hours as these are 12-hour shifts.
- Reliability is a must - as this is an important for production deadlines that all work is achieved in the timeframe allocated.
- Be confident with communication with the public and crew.
- Current C.V with relevant work experience and two work references to validate this experience.
- Pre employment drug and alcohol screen, ACC and MOJ checks will be required.
- Don't delay in applying now as we are looking to have the positions filled now.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Both day shift and night shift roles available with a 4 day on 4 day off roster to support a sustainable work life balance.
This is a great opportunity to secure stable employment with a company keen to invest in their employees. If you can prove yourself and show the company that you want to grow, you can build a great career.
AWF work with some of New Zealand's leading companies and have a huge range of new job opportunities daily. Every day across New Zealand, thousands of people work through AWF. If this sounds like you, click "apply now" or free phone 0800 888860.