We are seeking workers for a poultry farm based just out of Rangiora for a four day assignment. The period of work is Thursday 4th October - Friday 5th October, and Monday 8th October - Tuesday 9th October from midday - 4pm each day.
This role involves physically handling and moving live poultry - it is fast paced, physical work with full training provided. The main aspect of this position is unloading chickens from trucks into their new habitat and cleaning the poultry housing . This role is not for the faint hearted. Transport available from Christchurch CBD if required.
Skills & Experience
You will ideally meet the following criteria:
- Reliable and not afraid of hard work
- Physically fit and strong
- Flexible and be available for all days of work
- Pass a drug screen - we screen all our staff
- Good comprehension of the English language - both spoken and written
To be considered for this role, you must have no contact or other involvement with domestic poultry, pigs or any other avian species, as it poses a bio security risk.
As an employee of AWF you can enjoy:
- Continuity of work - if you want more work after this assignment finishes we can help
- Feel supported, respected and valued
- Gain new skills and on the job training
- Temp to permanent opportunities
- Competitive rates of pay
- Plus, as our employee (not a contractor), you'll get the holiday pay, sick pay & ACC cover you're entitled to and we'll pay your tax on your behalf.
Call to Action
Be part of a company that actually cares about and rewards its staff. Get in touch with us today on Freephone 0800 88 88 60 for a confidential discussion.