This role offers a unique chance to operate large scale machinery for a global market leader within an established team, with opportunities to develop and grow both within the role and the business.
Some of the tasks involved in this position include, but are not restricted to: Processing and sorting scrap metal using a material handler with grapple attachment, loading and unloading trucks and customer vehicles, loading during bulk vessel load outs. This role will include some weekend work and short notice overtime.
The successful applicant will have:
* Experience operating large industrial machines, including excavators and mobile plant
* Full Class 1 Licence and Wheel, Tracks and Rollers endorsements
* Ability to be flexible with working hours
* Honest and reliable character
* Strong customer focus
* Strong Health & Safety mindset
* A positive attitude and team player approach
* Clear communication skills
* Good numerical skills
* Knowledge of scrap metal would be an advantage but not essential
* Be able to work autonomously
* Applicants for this position MUST have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
Apply now via the online portal!