An MMU is a class 5 size truck and trailer unit which is used to deliver explosive goods into sections of the ground for blasting mapped out by the shot firer. You will be required to work closely with a team to ensure blasting is complete in a safe and concise manner. On job training will be provided however, a strong understanding of health and safety procedures is essential to this role.
Any experience driving an MMU or blasting delivery vehicle will be advantageous to your application however, we require a class 5 driver with experience carting dangerous goods as bare minimum.
This is a full time ongoing job with early starts from 5am. The truck pick up location is located in Otahuhu and the current work site is located in Drury.
- Heavy truck driving experience of similar background to operating an MMU
- A current and clean class 5 licence and DG endorsement
- Sound understanding of rigorous health and safety procedures and process
- Ability to work collaboratively well and deliver a desired level of customer service
- Excellent literacy and communication skills
- Experience in following rigorous standard operating procedures
What's on offer:
- An immediate start (negotiable if required)
- An ongoing assignment with the opportunity for a permanent contract with our client
- An opportunity to develop your career within the blasting industry
- A competitive hourly pay rate with possibility to pick up extra hours
- On job training and experience in a niche environment
Register your interest by applying directly to this ad or contact us directly with any queries.
Phone: 0800 922 955