This is a fantastic opportunity to be the Operations Supervisor for the largest specialist coal company in New Zealand.
This role is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the day to day activities of the mining and/or rehabilitation operations.
You will report to the Site Superintendent and be supported by the Leading Hand 2IC.
Your Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Leading Daily shift wide Operation Meetings
- Responsible for Onsite Health and Safety
- Manage Operations and task delegation
- Meet Targets and ensure quality is maintained
- Provide Operator Training and ensure operators meet standard operating standards
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold or be training towards obtaining a B Grade Certificate of Competence COC
- Previously worked in a open cast coal mine and leading staff in a quarry or mine
Good Communication skills and the ability to organise and plan