One of our South Auckland based client requires an experienced Mechanical Technician to start an exciting new assignment ASAP.
This is a temp to perm assignment with endless opportunity within a promising company whose calling is industrial cooling solutions. We are looking for someone who is able to immerse themselves into a new trade and learn the necessary skills to complete the job to highest level of workmanship and safely.
You will be assisting with the assembly the essential components of cooling towers inducing filters & fans. There will also be need to complete on site servicing and repair work working on shafts, bearings and fan wheels.
About the role:
- Assembling, installation and commissioning of cooling towers
- Repairing fan wheels, shafts and bearings
- Installing filters and fan extrications
- Carry out scheduled maintenance and inspection of various equipment
- Be able to work in the workshop/stores area during downtime
- The role involves some inter-city travel from time to time
- At least a couple years of experience in a mechanical assembly/technician role
- Previous experience within similar industry advantageous but not mandatory
- Be able to think on your feet and troubleshoot mechanical faults that may arise
- Able to use a grease gun and other hand/power tools
- Good communication skills
- Health & Safety conscious
- A clean class 1 license (plus ability to drive manual vehicles)
What's in it for you?
- Temp to perm opportunity for the right individual
- Competitive pay rate which would be reviewed upon receiving a permanent job offer
- On job training provided
- Access to company vehicle to travel between sites
- Working with a well-established company within a good team environment who view health and safety as a priority
- The opportunity to acquire new skills within a niche market to help open doors for you in future
If this sounds like you apply via the link to register your interest today or contact us for more information.
Phone: 0800 922 955