RJ's Licorice (NZ) Limited is an established market leading confectionery manufacturer who has been manufacturing licorice products in Levin for more than 20 years. Leaders in their field and with a strong reputation for creating innovative quality products to New Zealand, Australia, US, Canada and UK, the demand for RJ's is growing at a significant rate.
RJ's is currently looking for a self-motivated and meticulous Mechanical Maintenance Fitter to join their night shift team working 9:30pm-06:00am.
If you want an employer that has an assured future growth plan and where your engineering skills and experience will be tested and expanded then register your interest.
To be successful in this role you will need to have the skills, attitude and mechanical aptitude to repair and maintain complex manufacturing machinery.
The role includes:
- Providing reactive and preventative mechanical maintenance and service to all plant and machinery.
- Troubleshooting and providing hands on solutions for repairs and modifications.
- Liaising with the Maintenance Manager to schedule planned maintenance.
- Ordering parts as required and dealing with suppliers and contractors.
- Installations and removal of plant and machinery.
- Perform various welding tasks.
- Perform safety checks and inspections.
- Fitting, assembly and commissioning of mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Fault finding, diagnosis and problem solving
- Maintenance and repair of workshop equipment, machinery and components.
- Maintenance of different systems, electrical, mechanical, Steam, pneumatic, electronic buildings and grounds.
- Understanding of Facilities maintenance, eg Boilers, compressors, Cooling towers.
You will have:
- A strong Safety culture
- Trade certificate in Mechanical fitting or similar
- OSH Forklift Operators Licence / F Endorsement an advantage
- Welding experience. Current Certification an advantage
- Experience working within FMCG
- Experience with weigh head and packaging equipment
- Knowledge of food safety
- Confined space certification or willingness to obtain it
- Ability to interpret technical drawings
- Fault finding and diagnostic experience
RJ's is a dynamic business that values Respect, Honesty, Accountability and Teamwork.
If you are a team player and looking for a rewarding role, please click on the Apply Now Button.
All applicants must have appropriate NZ working rights.