You will be responsible for undertaking various maintenance inspections as set out in manuals, fault finding and planned maintenance, service and repair of essential parts of a fleet of heavy vehicles. You will need to have an understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, engines, welding and fabricating, as well as mechanical aptitude.
This temporary role comes with the possibility of securing a more on-going role based upon your skill level and your attitude and flexibility during the assignment.
You will need the following:
- Level 4 Trade Certification or NZQA equivalent for overseas applicants within a mechanical discipline
- Prior experience in a mechanical repair environment
- Ability to analyse and interpret hydraulic, pneumatic controls and electrical circuit diagrams
- Proven fault finding abilities.
- Proven experience of relevant engineering specifications, standards and practices
- Adherence to health and safety compliance and regulations in a safety critical environment
- Strong self-starter and a desire to grow and progress career.
- Committedto playing an active role as port of a Zero Harm culture
- Solid understanding of how to be part of an efficient and "well oiled" team, all working toward a common goal.
What you'll get in return
Work with a stable employer who offer a variety of work and truly look after their employees. Working within a rapidly expanding workshop with a team of like-minded people. Your expertise and opinions will be valued and respected.
If you feel you are the right person for the job, or would like further information, please call Daan Heeneman straight away on 04 473 99 15 or apply directly through this site.
Please note that applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a current, valid NZ work permit, and need to be available for an immediate start here in Wellington.
A pre-employment drug screen is part of our recruitment process. We will also need to be able to contact 2 relevant -workplace- referees.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please call us for a confidential chat about your career.