About your new company
An industry leading transportation maintenance business with a great work environment requires Trades Assistants.
If you are a Trade Qualified mechanic or an apprentice in the process of completing your technician qualification, we would like to hear from you.
Our client is busy and with an ever expanding workload, there is no better time to look at making the move.
Your new role
Assisting in planned and reactive maintenance, service, diagnostics and repair of crucial parts of (heavy) transport vehicle fleets. You will need to have a mechanical aptitude. Having an understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, diesel engines, welding and fabricating will be highly beneficial. The right person could start in April.
You will need the following:
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience in the use of hand- and power tools
- Mechanically minded
- A current NZ Driver's Licence
- A professional manner and presentation and good communication skills
- Reliability and high work ethic
- Able to work well under deadlines and pressure
- Committed to playing an active role as port of a Zero Harm culture
- Solid understanding of how to be part of an efficient and "well oiled" team, all working toward a common goal.
What you'll get in return
Work with a stable employer who offer a variety of work and truly look after their employees. Working within a rapidly expanding workshop with a team of like-minded people. Your expertise and opinions will be valued and respected. Hours of work 8am - 4:30pm.
If you feel you are the right person for the job or would like further information, please contact Marc Gullett at AWF on 04 474 2363 or click 'Apply Now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please call us for a confidential discussion on your career.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position as a Tradesman, Technician or Engineer, please call us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Please note that applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a current, valid NZ work permit.