Our client is the largest and most innovative beverage can supplier across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands. They produce aluminium beverage cans, tabs and ends, supported by a powerful suite of enhancements. They manufacture beverage cans specific beer and cider, alcoholic ready-to-drink, carbonated soft drinks, juices, wine and energy drinks.
We are looking for 2 Machine Operators with proven experience in the same/similar industry for a fixed term contract. This is a great team & a genuine career opportunity for the right candidates.
4 on 4 off day or night shifts
- Day Shift -These are 12hr days and 12hr nights (2 x days and then 2 x nights, with 4 days off). Must also be willing to work overtime.
- An alternative shift pattern is 4 x 12hr days and 4 x 12hr nights, Mon to Thursday. Must be willing to work overtime on Fridays
- Physical 'hands on' running of the machines
- Ensuring safety, quality and production requirements are met
- Setting up the machine
- Working as part of a team
- Resolving problems as they arise
- Previous experience in manufacturing or production
- Be able to pass a drug test and ministry of justice check
- Have reliable transport to get to work
Ideally you will have the following experience and skills:
- Proven machinery experience working in a fast paced environment, around high speed machinery
- Experience making two piece cans would be advantageous.
- Forkhoist License - an additional requirement for one (1) operator
- Have mechanical background/aptitude - good at working with machinery
- Must have the ability to pass a mechanical reasoning and mathematical test
- Take pride in your work being accurate and have an eye for detail
- Use your initiative
- Make good decisions quickly and respond well to pressure
- Be safety conscious
- Work effectively with minimum supervision
- Be physically fit as some manual handling & lifting applies
- Ability to work overtime when required
Ongoing training will be provided, along with competitive wages and allowances. If you are a motivated, punctual and reliable individual who has a personal drive to excel and a "can do" attitude, then we would like to hear from you!
AWF Keeping NZ Working